Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Deleting a TFS Project

I spent part of my day today in Team Foundation Server reorganizing. TFS is still a fairly new addition to our development processes and no one is the true expert to whom I could go with a problem. I wanted to delete one of the TFS Projects and I could not figure out from the interface how to do it.

This is what I discovered.

You have to open the Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt and run the following:

tfsDeleteProject /server:teamserver "Project Name"

In this example the teamserver is the name of your team foundation server.

You will get a dire warning upon entering this command that it will delete everything relating to this project and it will let you change your mind. It scared me enough that before entered "Y" as a confirmation I double-checked to make sure that all TFS databases were backed up today without a fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment